Friday, July 3, 2009

movies from 1968

I avoid the Facebook applications, usually, that ask for five of this or that random list.
But I noticed one about the year of your birth and it struck me that I couldn't name
any movie released in 1968. Later in life I'd mark time by movies that were released:

1975 - Jaws
1977- Star Wars
1980 - Empire Strikes Back
1981- Raiders
1982 - E.T., The Thing, Blade Runner (a good year)
1983 - Return of the Jedi, Vacation
1984 - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Ghostbusters
1985 - Back to the Future, The Breakfast Club
1986 - Stand By Me, Howard the Duck (remembered like trauma)
1987 - Fatal Attraction
1988 - Die Hard, Willow
1989 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Back to the Future II
1990 - Back to the Future Part III

From that point on it's a blur. But I hadn't thought to google the movies
that came out the year of my birth. Don't know if it means anything.
Nice to know there were some good ones. Without much thought I've
put them into personal preference order or "importance."

1968 movies – Personal Ranking (for not putting 2001 first, I have already been called a dink, but I disregard that; why be a phony - it's not a favourite of mine)

Amblin’ (Spielberg short)
The Producers
The Party
The Odd Couple
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Lion in Winter
Bullitt
The Thomas Crown Affair
Planet of the Apes
2001: A Space Odyssey
Barbarella
Night of the Living Dead
Rosemary’s Baby
Charly
Romeo and Juliet
Faces
The Love Bug
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Yellow Submarine
Oliver!
Funny Girl

1968 Movies I Haven’t seen:

Finian’s Rainbow (Coppola; intend to see)
Head (starred The Monkeys, written by Jack Nicholson)
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
The Fixer
The Subject was Roses (heard of the play)
Star!
If…
Rachel, Rachel
The Battle of Algiers

No comments:

Post a Comment