Friday, February 27, 2009

Lent

This past Wednesday was Ash Wednesday. I remember going into the subway and seeing a lady emerge with a dark smear on her forehead and thinking "Gee, what happened to her" and then on closer inspection wondering what crazy cult she belonged to. Turns out it was mine. Once again the begining of the Season of Lent leading up to Easter finds me with no idea what to give up. I'd say DVDs but I actually bought a Juno DVD that Ash Wednesday afternoon. I'd say red meat, but the "Turkey sub" I had the next day contained bacon. I could say blogging, and maybe I will jump back onto the bandwagon I fell off of and resume giving up my blogging and vital discussion forums.

If you have chanced upon this blog and it seems inactive, there are plenty of embedded videos to be found which might be amusing. Mostly on the level of Mork's appearance on Happy Days or Shatner or Hamill on 30 Rock.

With any luck, after Easter I might have actually accomplished something with the time I've gained letting other people wallow in their opinions about movies and politics. I was going to give up googling dirty words, but let's face it - that's not realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment