Thursday, February 5, 2009

You mean THIS is what Winehouse SOUNDS like???

I hadn't heard of Amy Winehouse except through "entertainment news" items that pass for news about the entertainment industry. Even if you avoid gossip crap as much as possible, you can't help hearing certain names. For the past couple of years it has been about Amy Winehouse drug problems and rehab and a little blurb when she tried to record a theme for the latest James Bond movie. Since I didn't know her sound I thought it was just a trend-sniffing publicity idea to use her. NOW I'm a little embarrassed having finally searched her on youtube and heard some of her performances. She SHOULD be doing a James Bond theme. In fact, she is the only current singer I can think of who SHOULD be singing James Bond themes. I like her sound and now I see it's a tragedy that she is having trouble. Man whoever put her onto drugs should be shot.



1 comment:

  1. Seem to be getting comments outside of the blog, but there's room here too.

    ReplyDelete