Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oscars 2011

I didn''t watch them broadcast. I saw a bit of youtube crap from the red carpet and I find I have a low threshhold for Fashion talk.

I caught a few blurbs and opinions from people disappointed by the program and the hosts, then I actually found the ceremony on a file-sharing website which is illegal but also noble, generous and necessary. The show and the hosts were no worse than other years. I had no problem with James Franco other than when he sported a dress. There was a weird time-killing moment with Anne Hathaway singing a song apparently to Hugh Jackman which went nowhere, and I could have done without the Somewhere Under the Rainbow" ending which was pure cheese. I think there is legitimate complaint that the kid from Lost Boys was not included in the dead montage. After all, there are some names I'd never heard of included and a simple google would have likely coughed up a complete list of dead celebrities of 2010. In fact, didn't a couple of those people that were included die in 2011 ? I'm not sure how they organize that.

For Franco's movie, I would have made a joke about the sound of one hand clapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment