Wednesday, October 20, 2010

enterphone crank

So I plan to give a letter to my building tomorrow. Last night at half past mid-night my phone rang. No message. Then I heard my neighbor's dog in the hall returning from a walk. I'm pretty sure my neighbor pushed my entercode - my unit number, which isn't a very good idea when you think about it - as an irritation. Trouble getting back to sleep. I'm going to ask management to have security review CCTV from the main lobby and elevators to see if my neighbor's dog was seen, and my neighbor as described - hunchback monster with devil horns.

I hate games. But again, now that I'm beginning to accept the reality of it, I can remember a few of those occurrances.

Meanwhile I'm tidying my apartment while listening to Rob Zombie's Halloween II Director's Cut commentary track. I'm gradually continuing my October ritual of scary movies, most notably a few with Halloween in the title (although that skips a few Halloween sequels; never saw Halloween IV, V, or VI, and likely won't).

John Carpenter's Halloween
Rick (Bad Boys *) Rosenthal's Halloween II
Steve Miner's Halloween H2O
Rosenthal's Halloween Ressurection
Rob Zombie's Halloween
Rob Zombie's Halloween Direcor's Cut
Rob Zombie's Halloween II Director's Cut

On the subway I've been watching Sam Raimi's Evil Dead, which I hadn't seen in its entirety since the dawn of VHS. Could be wrong. I respect it a lot. The "coverage/non-storyboard" director who is in fashion today wouldn't have been able to make a movie like that or springboard a career. But I'm also a little bummed that I physically don't have the overdrive to just push a movie. Maybe I'll surprise myself if I lose some weight and people mistakenly regard me as if I have become more intelligent.

* indicates the Sean Penn Bad Boys, as opposed to Michael Bay's waste of Will Smith's time coasting on the "Bad Boys" tune made popular by "Cops." Just one of the earliest unfortunate results of reality TV. Interesting that Rosenthal uses Jamie Lee Curtis in a walk-by as an extra at the beginning of Bad Boys.
It's a bummer that we have to be over a certain age to refer back to that film.
Also noteworthy is the perfectly visible 35mm movie camera glimpsed in a fight scene at the end. It had to be pointed out to me by the commentary track. The acting distracts well enough, but it's amusing that it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment