Sunday, October 13, 2013

Organic Raw video of Queen's Park Rally Against Monsanto and GMOs

My video of wandering around the demonstration at Queen's Park in Toronto turned out more raw than I normally like. Many shots are allowed to play as is because either there was a stretch of speech or a bit of a song I didn't want to chop and my computer is making my Premiere software glitchy enough that it was just barely possible to assemble the clips into one file and get rid of a few more scenic shots. Like the tendency to see a statue and mindlessly have to shoot it. Also if the video looks like it is strapped to a monkey at times, this is my first use of a little Canon Rebel 3 that I found on sale and which has no flip screen and the glare of sunlight on the LCD viewer is enough that I was literally just pointing the camera wherever at times without actually composing a shot. I would walk around and cross my fingers. Admittedly this video should be about 4 minutes and it is over 16. All that aside, it pretty much conveys what it was like to be there. There are a few presentations and musical breaks, the last one here being "The Monkey Bunch" which appears to be performing for kids and which has the unintended result of making it sound like those present are all just learning our ABC's. Afterward, I was able to hit a matinee of Machete Kills which was a welcome relief after visiting the rally and picking out the marks on my free apple. I may in the future attempt to make a shorter file of this, trimming out some of my sloppy camera work. I will attempt to improve my comfort with this camera, but I would have been better with my larger and more conspicuous HX-A1 -- and a tripod. EDITED TO ADD: I have tightened up and improved my slapdash video so that it is still sloppy but there is less of it. I was able to cut away about 6 minutes of fat. Certainly not to take away from the seriousness of the topic itself. I am thankful that Monsanto's private army did not have snipers on the rooftop to pick us off.

No comments:

Post a Comment