Sunday, May 20, 2012

Birthday

I've been told I should do something special for my birthday, so that must mean writing a blog entry. After mid-night I started writing something I had taken a few runs at in the past. It's time to resolve to write faster. I've dithered over a few projects, buying into the idea that life will inform scripts and help them to mature. Total nonsense. I don't currently have deadlines, and that slows everything down. Time to invent some deadlines, like death itself when you have officially run out of time to finish all of those half-completed projects. I realized the other day that a segment of Big Babies is out of sync, so I will have to re-upload. So the longer I put that off the longer people are watching an inferior version of the flick. That sort of emergency can throw me off. Better to utilize my energy. I'd like to be working on a shoot, planning it, knowing there is ground under my feet. I start training for a new site on Tuesday, though the hours may be part-time. Got to get through the check-list of scripts. Need to be shooting regularly, not letting months pass and only doing my guard job. Maybe I just need an interjection of new energy. I'm 44 today. Just spent some time sweeping and mopping my filthy balcony. Why choose to do that on my birthday? Got to go for a walk. Too many things are up in the air. I don't expect to get 40 hours of work next week. I am twisting in the wind. I need to see the track that I am on. One of my scripts is good and could start shooting ASAP. Money may be an issue. Energy is another. Weight loss would be a boost. I can't be thinking in terms of a year at a time or maybe next year; it has to be more of a crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment